How To See The Passwords Stored In Your Browser
Have you ever forgotten a password for a website, and been annoyed, because it’s saved in your browser, but it shows up as dots? Something like this:
This used to happen to me now and then, when I’d try to log into a site on a second computer or browser, and I’d have to reset the password. I’d think “damn, if I could only get the password out of my other browser!”
Well it turns out, there is a way to do this, and it’s dead simple. I’m going to show you how using Google Chrome or Firefox.
- 1. Click on the dots (don’t erase them)
- 2. Right-click (or Control-click on Mac) on the password area, and when a menu pops up, choose “Inspect Element”
- 3. A new window will open, with the HTML source of the page, and one line will be highlighted, which should include type=”password” somewhere.
- 4. Double-click on the word password and change it to text.
- 5. Ta-da, your password now shows up!
Hope this is helpful!